Jamztoma's Blog License

Friday, November 23, 2012

MY THANK-YOU'S

My family's Thanksgiving 2012 meal.  (Photo:  Johnny Toma)

     It's the Friday night after Thanksgiving Thursday and my stomach is bloated from all the food:  turkey, mashed potatoes, taro, palusami, pisupo, ham, potato salad, stuffing, pumpkin pie, fruit tart pie, and a mix of cranberry juice and ginger ale for drinks.  I think I may have gained an extra 50 pounds overnight and continuing.  It's all this mea'ai I tell you.  

Well, I don't have a poem for today but wish to say thank you for reading my poetry and taking a look at my artwork for 6 full months now it's a blessing.  My poems are drawn from personal experiences, from my imagination, and from Polynesian interests and mythology and of course my Christian faith.  I am especially thankful to the Lord above for giving me the gift of poetry and the talent of drawing Polynesian imagery utilizing Microsoft Paint.  I hope my poems and artwork and photos from Stockfreeimages.com and stories inspire the Pacific youth out there to pursue careers in the arts.

 I want to also thank the many individuals who submitted and authorized me to use their photos on this blog.  It has been fun and hope to continue to do so in the future.  Shout out to friend and cousin Veronika Sefo-Smith for the many photos she let me use through the months.  I want to thank Lani Wendt Young the Pacific author of the Telesa trilogy for making her fans aware of my blog and poetic talent, thank you again Miss Young.   I also want to thank Christina Maiava Schaff for the same through her facebook page Lau Aganu'u.  I want to thank Pacific Poet Craig Santos Perez and Pacific Artist Vaimoana Niumeitolu for agreeing to be interviewed or to be featured on my blog.  Fa'afetai tele lava.  And I also want to thank longtime friend Bella Lu Mai (Lucy Moananu) for guest blogging back in August.

I also want to thank all of my current followers on my blog.  Thank you so much for taking interest in my poetry and art.  I appreciate your love.  And to my own brother Johnny and sisters Jaclyn and Joanne and especially Johnny and Jaclyn for their patience with me.  To my mom Velonika Nikolao for the mom job/duties she does every single day for me.  I love you all.  And those are my many many many thanks and fa'afetais for this year's (2012) Thanksgiving Day weekend.  

jamztoma  

No comments:

Post a Comment