Jamztoma's Blog License

Saturday, June 8, 2013

JAMZ TALKS: THE GREEN PROJECT UPDATE...

Talofa,
I guess I have to drop in in case you all might think I have neglected all of you!  I am done with submitting my whole manuscript to a publisher for review and they have okay'ed it for printing.  All I must do is review and edit the proof that they will be sending me and then I approve the final product for distribution.  Many titles have been announced on my facebook (www.facebook.com/jamztoma) and my twitter (www.twitter.com/jamztoma) accounts and so far I have not made a decision yet. 

The following are some titles I came up with...

#1- Magical and Other Pasefika Poems by Jamztoma
#2- Dance to the Pasefika Beat: Pacific Island Lyrics by Jamztoma
#3- The Polynesian In Me: Poems and Art by Jamztoma
#4- Everything:  Poetry and Art From the Island of Jamztoma Blog

I thought about #1 but then that title for me is too 2002-ish for the first version of it was published back in 2001 and I had won an Editor's Award for it from Poetry.com in 2002 so it is ruled out.  I thought of #2 but then it was listed with #3 on my facebook account as a poll and the majority voted on #3.  But #3 does not cover the other personal poems I have on this blog which are not Polynesian-themed so I am tentatively thinking of titling this project with #4 for that poem really says it all. 

"I am every role I want to play"

The poems on this blog are written in various point of views, like in one poem I am a Hawaiian wahine enjoying the seabreeze (Under the Sun) and in another I am a Samoan tama hard at work (Blood and Sweat) and another I am a Tongan ta'ahine in tears over her military lover (Just Breathe) as well as a Maori guy having fun in the United States (Carefree).  So "Everything" is most fitting don't you all think?  To honor my Green theme I am going to give the front/back covers of the book the green color for it represents Polynesia and nature. 

And something great has happened in my personal life just recently but I will not disclose it on here.  God has been kind to me (like always) and I thank all those who have prayed for me and who have followed my blog over a year...  I am so so so happy right now I want to dance and shout all the way to Disney World Florida and back to my current home here in Silver Spring, MD.

alofa's and opo's,

Jamztoma



2 comments:

  1. All those titles sound great! I like the green theme too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julia. I'll let you know when it'll be available to buy online...hehehe

      Delete