Jamztoma's Blog License

Saturday, June 14, 2014

ABBA-FATHER

 
Song: I Believe
Artist: The Altar Boyz
Performance: New World Stages Off-broadway
From Youtube User: Tamra Sheehan
 
*****
 
 
******
 
My father for father's day America
is my God above, Abba/Allah/Jehovah
This is because He was there
when I was up all night crying and scared
when I was being bullied and teased
when I was an outcast and a freak
when I was at death's door
when I hit a table and down to the floor
when I needed someone strong and able
when I was being mad and unstable
when I celebrate my annual birthdays
when I had no father on Father's days
when I got into disputes and all that were unfair
when I made a mistake and didn't care
when I graduated from elementary and high school
when I wanted someone to teach me manhood
when I began to fall in love with the then-forbidden
when I was hungry for advice on lover-friends
I look back today and I coronate
Abba father for being at my side always
for making sure I wake up in the morning happy
for making sure I am protected from enemies
for making sure I feel confident and fine
for making sure I survive the hard times
for making sure I was healed and renewed
for making sure I am okay and good
for making sure I appreciate my birthdays
for making sure I give love to a dad on Father's days
for making sure I apologize for my actions
for making sure I behave well and give compassion
for making sure I pass elementary and high school
for making sure I am mature and not a fool
for making sure I am able to love unconditionally
for making sure I am loved equally
I look back today and I celebrate
my Abba father for his love always.
 

24 comments:

  1. he is def the father that is there through thick and through thin...and even though at times we forget how to see him in those moments, he is there....and he has def given us so very much...happy fathers day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Brian. I agree completely. My view is that God comes in the form of an individual who loves you unconditionally and helps you out in your life. There were many individuals that entered my life and helped me overcome obstacles that stood in my way. Happy Father's day back to you my friend.

      Delete
  2. Fathers. They mean so much to us. I miss mine. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cosmo! appreciate your comment very much.

      Delete
  3. Another excellent poem, James. I like how you use repetitions to give rhythm to your words and thus make them alive and real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gabriella! It's nice to read the word, "excellent." That makes me so happy, and the usage of the repetition method comes from my love for the musical structure.

      Delete
  4. This is a belief I can sign up to. God will show itself in humans we meet and within ourselves.. A very efficient poem, that make me think of a gentle Ginsburg..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww...thanks Bjorn. God usually sends either people (angels) or doors to opportunities that results in making me love Him more. and thanks for calling my piece "efficient." you're awesome!!!

      Delete
  5. Loved all the examples you gave here, James. This is one Father who will never be far away. I like the idea you expressed about him coming in the form of others with that unconditional love... I myself often think of these other people as angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mary. God never fails us and that's a fact! Have a nice week!!!

      Delete
  6. this is a wonderful poem of gratitude James...he is always with us "for making sure I survive the hard times" and making us capable of unconditional love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sumana. He's the reason why I live and breathe. Such a great father!

      Delete
  7. A beautiful thank you to your heavenly father, James. Lovely to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sherry. I wrote it all on Saturday after lunchtime. I will never be at a loss for words when it comes to praising and honoring God. :)

      Delete
  8. wonderful James!! my father too has stood by me through all that and more!! i loved ur poem... i kinda missed my own papa when i read it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Arushi! Your father must be smiling at you from above, I loved your poem about your dad too. So happy and so lively. I liked that.

      Delete
  9. I firmly agree that unconditional love often comes through certain individuals we are supposed to meet. A good tribute on Father's Day,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Elizabeth. Appreciate the nice comment a lot!!!

      Delete
  10. This certainly embodies all the qualities of ideal fatherhood! I could feel it all with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary. That means a lot, knowing I just wrote it in an hour... Best!, jt

      Delete
  11. This reads as an out-pouring of love and admiration for a beloved parent. Your use of anaphora works very well with your theme. I am sure many readers could relate to many of your lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kerry! I like your word, "anaphora." And yes, I really, really, really revere the Lord. I have always felt his presence throughout my life through good people and successes He's blessed me with. :)

      Delete