Jamztoma's Blog License

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Smile #2: JUSTICE

My Response to Poets United's Midweek Motif:
JUSTICE or POETIC JUSTICE

Spring flowers here in Silver Spring, MD (USA).



You know I've lost much due to my fears
you know I've suffered for years and years
for too long I've held my breath
for so long I've wished for death

But you gave me hope
You helped me grow
You believed in me so...

this happiness I feel?
is happiness that's real
it's justice for the times I've dealt
with lies, hate, and hell.

You know I've stressed for so many nights
cause I chose humility and did what was right
for too long I've bled inside
for too long I've looked for a sign

Then you gave me hope
You helped me grow
You believed in me so...

this happiness I feel?
is happiness that's real
it's justice for the times I've knelt
in church for God's help.

this happiness I feel?
It's justice for all my struggles
It's justice for all my sorrows
I deserve all this joy and hope.

this happiness I've found?
Is justice for all my frowns
Is justice for all my downs
I deserve this blessing and crown.

You deserve your blessing and crown...

12 comments:

  1. Happiness as a just reward for struggle? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! This is justice I can relate to as well--a sense that there is light at the end of the tunnel of challenges. I love the repeated refrain, emphasizing the positive and the potential that fairness plays a part in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful... lines flowing smooth in glory..!
    Lots of love
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! You DO deserve every happiness, James. I am happy you know that. Congrats on your book, kiddo. I would get more books done if I were able to step away from online but, alas, I cannot. I need my friends! We are happy you are back and way to go, getting that book done! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this happy and jovial spirit James..lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  6. James I am ecstatic having heard so much of your pain.
    Happiness, contentment is born in the heart isnt it?
    Moonie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How important when someone believes in us.... feel your passion in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the strength in this poem, James. Yes, you do deserve happiness. That is justice indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice James. I'm glad you feel rewarded for all your struggles. We all should. I appreciate your comment on my blog. Glad it was thought provoking. Take care and good luck with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we all struggle for justice and are happy when we get it

    Joy From Acts of Pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your book publication!
    This is such an uplifting, hopeful poem. YEs, justice and fairness exist and it is up to each and everyone one of us to make them happen.

    ReplyDelete