Jamztoma's Blog License

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Smile #8: THE SEASON OF SUMMER!

Oh the season of summer makes me smile 
Makes me smile it's my season of style

This is when I wear my sleeveless shirts
Of different designs, different colors

This is when I dab cologne on my skin
And wear deodorant to give me some scent.

This is when the sun is out full blown
A fire in the blue sky, the day's circle of gold.

Oh the season of summer makes me smile
Makes me smile like a mischievous child.

To have grown up in the Pacific islands
Where it's summer all through without an end.

To enjoy Vanilla ice cream or Pina Colada
Just as if you are in Katy Perry's Candyfornia

To go cruising in a convertible during the midday
Like a Ken doll doing nothing but fun and play

Oh the season of summer makes me smile
Makes me smile cause I feel so worthwhile.

And I am tanning myself on a beach
Letting my body get some needed Vitamin D

And I am excitedly typing on my Toshiba laptop
a poem that's entirely about my God

And I am celebrating the 4th of July
Like I am a firework in the sky.

Oh the season of summer makes me smile
Makes me smile it's my season of style.

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy! Haha. You have me laughing. There is a slight tinge of satire in the Ken Doll lines and others. And yet Summer is a time to smile! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, thank you for the comment. Actually I was describing my ideal lifestyle. I've been through so much that it's a wonder I still have an outlook of hope and confidence as of this moment. appreciate the enthusiasm though. God bless.

      Delete
  2. Summer is a feeling not a time of year it would seem - although we enjoy vanilla ice cream come rain or shine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh...ice cream is forever my summer snack, as you say, whatever weather rain or shine from June to August. thanks for making me smile!!!

      Delete
  3. Fun poem. It really shares those smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks GL. That's what summer 2015 is doing to me right now!!! Have a blessed day my friend.

      Delete
  4. Well, this took me right into the joys of summer and perked me up. I love your cheerful attitude, my friend! We need your kind of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me smile too, such a joy - your poem! 'Like I am a firework in the sky.' ~ my fave line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the happiest summer poem I've read. I hope we all have a summer like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vanilla ice-cream too, i wish the world was made of vanilla. Really interesting poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad youre smiling, enjoy

    i wrote of rains, though its still more sunny than rainy here
    http://myblog-verses.blogspot.com/2015/06/90.html

    much love...

    ReplyDelete