Jamztoma's Blog License

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Smile #10: IMAGINATION

This was written for Poets United's Poetry Pantry #261

*****

My favorite game in all the universe
is the one where your mind pictures
all these sceneries and all these wonders
that only in the brain can they occur.

And I just smile!

Of course, some of these mental figments
have been realized by people past and present
but most just stay waiting to happen
maybe in the next 5 years or ten

And I just smile!

What makes me smile when I imagine
is the way I am taken to a perfect location
or the way I meet someone impeccable
or the way I achieve something remarkable 

And I just smile!

My greatest dream is to live a happy life
Through the obstacles that stand at the sides
My greatest wish is to enjoy my life
To be stress-free and have peace of mind

And I just smile!

One step to using my vast imagination
is to create a story drawn from experience
and fill it with all the elements
of a good book with merit and substance.


23 comments:

  1. Yes the world of imagination... sometimes it does create some positive smiles and pull one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we can sit back and smile...mind pictures are wonderful gifts..imagination can take us anywhere..allow us to be anything we desire..happiness is the best desire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. write & try to be smiling all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that was lovely. Well done. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody likes to meet a happy person so keep on smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. Imagination can bring us a world that makes us smile in this world. :) Quite beautiful.

    Leo @ I Rhyme Without Reason

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do think dreaming of a happy life is the first step toward attaining it. Perhaps if we imagine it, we can begin to work to attain what we imagine....one step at a time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I wish you ended your poem with "And I just smile". The power of imagination could be bring us to heights unknown to others. This was a great read, Jamz

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite thing is to read words that make me want to dance, that remind me of people planting happiness, that remind me of people dreaming wonderful realities.

    "And I just smile!" ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. The imagination is one of our greatest gifts. It can be a delight to get lost in. I tend to use mine creating stories for strangers I meet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a happy perspective to have! Writing our own fantasy also sounds good! We can then control the outcome. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the use of imagination, smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. We can be the authors of our own lives. That's what I gleaned especially from the last stanza. I hope you find all the elements you need to create a happy and beautiful life James.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dreaming of that perfect life....makes me smile...

    'My greatest dream is to live a happy life
    Through the obstacles that stand at the sides
    My greatest wish is to enjoy my life
    To be stress-free and have peace of mind'

    The dream I have too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting possibilities in that last verse! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am filled with a smile James. Truly and completely :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Imagination is surely a powerful thing ... creativity brings happiness ... wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes if we keep smiling things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You go James! That is our goal, inspiration, and life. Perhaps not for gold, although not denied, but for our identity to survive.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is a wonderful "imaginative" free-spirited ramble through possibilities and dreams - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reading this poem makes my heart and mind happy. "I just grin in blessed relief." Thank you, James

    ReplyDelete