Jamztoma's Blog License

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Smile #11: KINDNESS

This was written for Poets United's Poetry Pantry #262

You know:
it's the touch of your hand
on my back 
it's the stretch of your lips
towards my glance
it's the soft way you speak
to my face
it's the cash that you give
in some private place

that makes me smile and weep
causes my heart to leap
and assures me to sleep
knowing that you are a kind soul
with a heart made of gold.

You know:
it's the quick way you serve 
me when I need help
it's the love that you gave
while I was burning in hell
it's the sacrifice you made
when I was hungry
it's the nice things you did
for me and my family

that makes me  smile and say
don't worry everything's okay
that there are nice people in this age
with hearts so good and tame

I will never forget love
I will never forget kindness
I am sorry for my wrongs
I wish you the best.

16 comments:

  1. Yes - there are good people and good things in the world..so hard to see when we are drifting but hopefully we all find a reason to be thankful..another poem that made me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. like Jae, this made me smile. The entire poem oozes with sincerity and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. could feel happiness and peace through the lines...and gratitude....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile and how! Exquisite poem :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. How we all would wish for a relationship such as this with love, trust and genuine help when it was needed...that is friendship indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'd feel odd to drift from such a friendship but it happens, and maybe it's that realization that makes us re-find that friendship perhaps. :) It made me smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, there are definitely nice people one meets along the path of life. It is sad when a connection with such a good person is lost, but it does happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sincerely written - this will speak to many, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  9. James, this is a beautiful poem of gratitude. It exposes your own kind heart. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful poem showing us all how much gratitude can lighten our loads and give back to us abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The kindness of people - they have no idea how that kindness impacts the other person.....a wonderful poem, James.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah yes. Kindness exists and is never to be taken for granted

    A lovely Sunday to you

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's the little things.....even sometimes the one done anonymously...that really can brighten our days and make all the difference in the world, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Memories can indeed be bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. James I love these words - so abundant in thanks and hope.

    ReplyDelete