Jamztoma's Blog License

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Smile #9: FREEDOM

When I was born
I was given rights:
to life, to liberty, to the pursuit of happiness.
Yes...
To sum these up:
Freedom.

No one is the boss of me.
I can be all I can be.
(Malcolm in the Middle and the U.S. Army)

So sing and shout
Let it all out:
I'm free as a bird
I'm free to express myself and be absurd

In other countries 
No one is free
In other countries
No one can stop me!

When I was born
I became free of my mom
When I grew up
I became free of my mom
To be free is to be out
To be free is to be loud.

And I say thank you America
And I praise you America
Land of the free
and Home of the brave.
so let's celebrate!

When I was born
I was naturally given three rights:
Life,
Liberty,
and the pursuit of happiness.
To sum it all up:
Freedom.

Only in America.

I'm happy.

16 comments:

  1. nice celebration of freedom here...happy independence day to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Independence Day to you :) May you be free to pursue happiness in whatever form it comes to you.

    Leo @ I Rhyme Without Reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A timely poem for Independence Day....Happy 4th to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gift of freedom eloquently celebrated on Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh to pursue the freedom is all fine, as long as we are cautious of our fellow human's toes... But it's the right day to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness! So important to us all. Nice to see you, James.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Independence Day!

    hope we can all be forever free :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you always know the freedom you feel in your heart. I haven't seen you around in a while. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear of your gratitude as you are correct....those rights are not given to everyone everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pleased you are pleased. Many citizens in free countries probably feel the same because they can criticize the government and anybody else. Just wish there were more countries where their citizens could do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Malcolm in the Middle reference made me smile...freedom is a wonderful thing - maybe it is much a feeling as a state of being...i am glad that for you it was the land of the free...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes those are thought to be the basics and we should be happy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so nice James. I feel this could be a great song. It's so nice to be free we should celebrate this always.

    ReplyDelete