Jamztoma's Blog License

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Smile #14: PEACEFUL MORNING

This was written for Poets United's Poetry Pantry #267


One morning I was early
Took the early bus on early schedule
Early people chatting stories
I just snoozed and breathed and breathed
No one gave me hardship
No one even noticed
the smile on exhibit

One peaceful morning.

It was a peaceful morning
Stopped the bus and got out
Nobody acted weird
I just walked, the air was clear
No one gave me a headache
No one caused a quake.
The sun was fully awake

One peaceful morning..

I knew I was early to work
so I sat at a bus stop
read the paper, the Enquirer
while cars rushed to beat the clock
the air was so fresh
early morning air that's not wet
No one tried to make me sad
No one acted weird or bad.

One peaceful morning

I'm so renewed
I'm so feeling glad and good
My morning went alright
So far I'm not teary-eyed
God bless the day I'm all like
"This is it, for the first time
I'm on Earth I'm feeling fine
No one is being a bully
No one is out to get me.

One peaceful morning.

25 comments:

  1. Early mornings..peacefulness and nobody giving you hardships or headaches..what can be better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jae! absolutely. i find them most refreshening!

      Delete
  2. One really does need to take the opportunity to experience and appreciate those peaceful mornings. As I read your poem, I feel that kind of peacefulness....which means it was a good write. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, thank you for the wonderful words. glad that you could relate to this poem for today. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Mary, thank you for the wonderful words. glad that you could relate to this poem for today. :)

      Delete
  3. Its a wonderful feeling isn't it.. to have a peaceful morning.. full of sunny smiles :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sanaa, yes it is. thanks for the comment. have a sunny day!

      Delete
    2. Hey Sanaa, yes it is. thanks for the comment. have a sunny day!

      Delete
  4. Oh that early morning when all feels right.. when nothing's out to get you, and the air is on your side... wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reads like a desire, a wish for the opposite of normal. O how I wish this actually comes true for you on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those moments of peace - especially fine in early mornings - do the soul good. I was right there with you, on the bus, and reading the paper midst the traffic noise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a great feeling when that day comes..

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something so magical about early morning and the people we find there...a peaceful time. I loved this description James and hope you have many more of these early mornings

    ReplyDelete
  9. A morning like that is indeed peaceful..no one bringing dark clouds to ruin the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so beautifully expressed; wishing you many many more

    Thanks for dropping by at my Sunday Lime today

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is like being in another dimension especially if you avoid the rush hour. i like the pace of the poem, it doesn't hurry. just like in early morning commute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very true. Peaceful early mornings can give the spirit what it needs to continue,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked this, but reading the "Enquirer"... give me a break... you might as well read your toe nails hehe :-0
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every day needs the boost of a perfect morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love these moments of peace so rare these days...may all your days begin like this....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hard to be in a bad mood on mornings that you describe James.
    Many blessings brother to the North :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved this! An awesome way to approach the day. Peace is there to be found if we are open to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really nice morning, I guess, because you are nice.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. May this not be just one of those days... May this be an everyday affair!

    ReplyDelete