Jamztoma's Blog License

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Smile #25: TRY AND TRY AND TRY




This was written for the Midweek Motif: Mercy 
but I was not able to finish it on time.  So here it is for today.  Enjoy!

If you're wondering, yes, this was partly inspired by 
P!nk's song: "Try" from P!nk's 2012 album, The Truth About Love and 
Aaliyah's song: "Try Again." from Aaliyah's 2000 Romeo Must Die soundtrack album.


My whole life I've struggled
through the physical, verbal, and mental
I cried and cried forever
I was a victim and a prisoner

I felt so alone
Love had me disowned
the devil treated me like Job [Jobe]
I was left out in the cold

Until just recently
I received God's mercy
I was shown the good life
All I had to do was try.

Try and try and try
Learn to grow and survive

My big mouth got me in trouble
and I am a unique individual
I died and died forever
I was always a bother

I felt so weak
They took away my needs
the devil laughed in my face
I was cold and afraid

Until just recently
I received God's mercy
I was given the good life
All I had to do was try.

Try and try and try
Learn to grow and survive
Try and try and try
Got to live the good life!

No need to cry
God will show us mercy
When we try and try and try
The best is yet to be...





9 comments:

  1. So true, James! God is always there in one's life. He always shows His mercy and is ready to comfort us in times of need. I like the optimistic ending. Yes, the best IS yet to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes James....God's mercy is there if we but look up to see it! A beautiful song in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when we try we can go forth without fear and dare to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your faith is inspiring, James. When I most searched for love to find me, a friend gave me wise advice: Just love people. Love is all around us, more in the giving than the receiving.....I am sure you know this, too, and have found it with your church group. A wonderful poem, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lets hope that is the case because I have been very trying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying is the most difficult and worthwhile thing to do - and it is relative no matter what we face...all efforts should be applauded..like your honest poem too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I died and died forever" I'm told dying to self is the only way to salvation, and you emphasize that here, too, in your beautiful song. I wish such awfulness was not the precursor to blessings.

    ReplyDelete