Jamztoma's Blog License

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Smile #28: DESIGN OF A LOVER



This was written for Poets United's Midweek Motif: 
Design

(Season's greetings everyone!
I wrote this for your entertainment 
and describes an "idealistic" lover...
My imaginary significant other.)


Tonight I look at my computer
drink my bottle of water
hug myself, sniff my sweater
heck, I'm grown, still a dreamer
This is my design of a lover

Someone who's kind
says Amen to be mine
who makes me smile
who is the right kind of wild
I'd like that in a lover

Someone who's diligent
and with lots of patience
who wears all kinds of hats
strong like a dog, clean like a cat
I'd like that in a lover

Someone who's parental
likes to hold and cuddle
who knows how to nurture
50 % mother, 50% father
I'd like that from a lover

Someone who's not afraid
of me and my insane
who wants me to be strong
fearless but calm
I'd like that from my lover

Someone who's accepting
of my mom and siblings
who enjoys family-together's
and also lone time endeavors
I'd like that my future lover

Someone who's beautiful
in heart, mind, and soul
who will be there for me
through my times of need
I'd like that my future lover

Tonight I look at my computer
and think of all I am hoping for
No one will be all those things
This is just wishful thinking
So ends this design of a lover...

20 comments:

  1. Like they say..there's no right person..just a person who is right for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Thotpurge! Yup, right and right.

      Delete
  2. Love this want-ad of a poem! I imagine someday we might be able to design our perfect lover and even program in some surprise. Though I bet we'd make just as many mistakes in design as life seems to! May you find what you're looking for--it doesn't seem impossible to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, just need to work on myself as well...don't want it to be one-way love. thanks Susan!

      Delete
  3. " right kind of wild"..aha...i like this restraint in 'the' wildness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, hahaha...thanks Sumana for the laugh. happy Wednesday dear.

      Delete
  4. Good luck.Don't settle for a one way trip:)
    Merry Christmas James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas back to you Rall! thanks for the advice.

      Delete
  5. Happiness is part of who we are and who we are with...Love reduces all imperfections!:)
    Enjoyed reading this poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Panchali, I will get to yours in a day. Have a merry holiday season to you.

      Delete
  6. Perhaps no one can be all of those things - but they maybe part of them..and that is also good and something to strive for...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jae. appreciate this much. thanks for the sweet insight. blessed weekend to you!

      Delete
  7. I think it is good to think like this, James. If a person knows what they are looking for, perhaps that gives a person a head start. But, on the other hand, sometimes the 'right' person, with a very different 'design' than one expected, just enters one's life in a surprising way! Merry Christmas, James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mary. what you said is true. no one can design his future love like this. it was for the prompt. God bless and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete
  8. some of us spend half a life time hoping - but James I believe there is that person out there (they just dont know it.) You keep stoking the dream embers and have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, James, this is wonderful wishes for your lover to be! Just post it on your wall, and keep the picture in mind....you will meet your lover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you dream her, she will come. Smiles. Somewhere out there, she is sitting in front of her computer screen, dreaming of someone just like you! (Keep your eyes open at church, she may already be near!) Have a wonderful Christmas, James.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice write. You know what you want.so many people havent a clue what they want then complain when they don't get it

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete