Jamztoma's Blog License

Friday, January 22, 2016

KARMA



This was written for colleague Sanaa Rizvi's 
PROMPT NIGHTS:

I'm feeling this evil power
I'm sinking into its abyss under
this thing called Karma
is coming to destroy my aura

Lose all my respect
Lose all my assets
Lose all my success
Lose all my talents

I don't believe in such a thing
For I have seen the wicked win
I don't believe in such nonsense
For I have seen the good descend

Lose all my respect
Lose all my assets
Lose all my success
Lose all my talents

If Karma is the source of my sadness
then it is the devil and his works
this is more like "'nice' guys finish last"
and that I greatly affirm.


6 comments:

  1. Quite a different perspective on Karma, I like how this poem flows like a river. Thanks for your kind participation :)


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your use of repetition here.
    I'm reminded of a Psalm that ponders this same thought...why do the wicked prosper, and the good fall? Thankful we're also reminded to "never tire of doing good." The world needs honesty, kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything that we do is karma...karma means work and of course it can be good as well as evil...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - there is certainly no shame in being nice - or finishing last...it is odd to think we are indoctrinated to believe that it's 'wrong'..i'm glad it's not so

    ReplyDelete
  5. So often it seems the nice guy finishes last. Still, I think I'd rather be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah. being good does seem to have its downside at times, but agree with Debi, I'd still rather be nice.

    ReplyDelete