Jamztoma's Blog License

Sunday, January 24, 2016

RHYTHM OF THE WRITE


This was written for Poets United's Poetry Pantry #286

I am a writer
I got my fingers, the keyboard, and a monitor
with each tap, tap, I write a sad, sad
then with each clap, clap
I write a glad, glad

I seldom get mad, mad
cause the last time I did, did
I got distressed, stressed
completely a mess, mess.

I consider myself a word bird
or maybe I prefer er
to be an amateur
for it is hard to land a publisher
one I prefer er.

I am a poet
this I feel fortunate
to have in my pocket
the rhythm of the write
in me, myself, and I
hope you'll be satisfied

GET ALONG NOW! I yell, yell
for my day is just starting out well, well
for now I'm just thankful, y'all, y'all
to be on Poets United's wall, wall
being read by all, all.

22 comments:

  1. Love your wordplay, made me smile :D
    Happy Sunday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am thankful that you are here too, James! Glad that your fingers are busy with the tap, tap! I enjoyed your wordplay in your poem today. I hope that this day in your life is a glad, glad one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this was fun to read James!

    'I am a poet

    this I feel fortunate

    to have in my pocket

    the rhythm of the write'

    This says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I love the closing lines! I adore I consider myself a word bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such fun to read read..you have a good spirit ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun.. we need to be happy and dance with words here in the pantry don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How important it is to write in all your moods for there is beauty in sadness and laughter in misfortune which might help those that need a lift in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making music with our fingers. They have a mind of their own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep those fingers tap, tap, tapping. This was a fun read,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so you know, I found myself singing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, lovely, rhythmical, simply refreshing

    Thanks for dropping in at my Sunday Lime James

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. cheerily sung. good luck with your publisher

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like some kind of old song ))). It's great fun to read one ))

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a lovely fun read, oh yes, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It takes talents and a sense of humor to think and create it along these lines.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  16. A word bird! That's great...rhyming lifts the spirit...and i admire how you create positives...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delight...your repetitions create such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was fun. It reads like a happy rap song. I love it and the title.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm bopping right along with you! Delightful write!

    ReplyDelete