Jamztoma's Blog License

Saturday, January 30, 2016

THOSE DAYS



Written for colleague Sanaa Rizvi's 
PROMPT NIGHTS:
Poets United's Poetry Pantry #287

Do you remember 
the years of laughter
the days of glory
the pages of history
when there was joy
happy girls and boys
freedom left and right
great sounds and sights?

Can't forget 
those days
Can't accept
these days
Want to go back
to those days...

Do you remember
the ever afters
the magic moments
the past tense?
Don't you ever
lose them pictures
from your mind
those were great times

Can't forget
those good days
Can't accept
these sad days
Want to go back
to those days...

Take me away
to them happy days
Make me stay
in those happy days.


Inspired by my happy teenage years and Donna Lewis' 
I Love You Always Forever song from the 90's.

22 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful James :D there are times when each of us wish to travel back in time and re-live those wonderful days. Beautifully expressed!

    Thank you so much for participating :D

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. I remember. The photo made me think of the days when flying was a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we forget those days, we'll never fully live the present, or be here for the future. I will remember!

    Love the tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a freedom in childhood that is hard to recapture..but for some adulthood is kinder..and we can play in different ways and in safety - to have these happy memories however are a treasure..long may you enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking back at childhood times really is interesting sometimes, but I wonder whether we would really want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got rage Clash ringing in my head now (which would be going back in time).., should I stay or should I go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often think back on happier times....as a child. I wish we could revisit them for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, if only we could go back to those days....beautiful, James.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some Springsteen coming through with this one for me...enjoyed your verse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our perception of the past is not always the same as others. Children especially remember the joy of growing up as they were cared for not seeing the hardships all around them and the sacrifices their parents may have made on their behalf. So if you have happy memories of growing up it is because you were loved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe they won't seem as good when we go back... it's a tough call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What we hold in our minds and memories we have forever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way you have incorporated the refrain in between your verses. There are some things I miss about the 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the longing in the poem. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Indeed, we need to know what makes us happy! To happy memory!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! I agreed those happy teenage years were the best! Enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every time those 'golden oldies' come on the radio I'm transported back. It is sweet and yet painful, and makes me feel alive.

    ReplyDelete