Jamztoma's Blog License

Sunday, January 17, 2016

YOU ARE NOT ALONE



This was written for Poets United's Poetry Pantry #286

Dear Mr. Lonely
I have read your poetry
and could only sympathize
as I read your lines.

You are not alone
You are gold
I should know

Dear Ms. Depressed
I can feel your stress
and could only offer kindness
as I write these comments

You are not alone
You are gold
I greatly console

Dear Mr. Tearful
I pray that you will heal
and could only offer hope
for your bliss to grow

You are not alone
You are gold
This I say so.

Dear Ms. Loser
I have read your words
and could only offer comfort
for you to feel much higher

You are not alone
You are gold
I really want you to glow!

19 comments:

  1. Such a big heart! It's so hard not to feel alone with negative feelings..your poem reminds us that we all have someone watching over us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem emits the kindness of your soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes a true gift to be able to empathize with other people. As Sanaa said, this poem shows the kindness of your soul! And, yes, EACH of us is 'gold' in our own way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone. you are gold.

    very true..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a heartwarming, sparkling, beautiful gem

    have a blessed Sunday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many lonely souls... yet we are never as lonely and depressed as we might think... great thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You are not alone, you are gold."
    Nicely put.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something about poetry that can elicit within us an empathy....can pull out of us those moments when perhaps we felt the emotions the poet has written about...you've captured that understanding here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. James, you are kind, and YOU glow, also. You shine. Thanks for your uplifting words. You echo my feelings as I read others' poems and feel their pain. So nicely expressed here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh James you are a heart of gold spreading gladness and love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet kindness! And – another blog I haven't seen before, or an upgrade? Whichever, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorites of yours. You have a heart filled with love. May it always be so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so many people finding release in poetry..so important to appreciate their situation and point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your words are filled with caring and deep concern. May those who need them, hear them and take them to heart.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never read a poem like this before. It takes a big heart to be open and comforting to all of these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every word radiates your love for all...

    ReplyDelete