Jamztoma's Blog License

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

MY ANSWER IS NO!


This was written for Poets United's Midweek Motif:
Marriage

I don't even know anyone
who'd be interested
who'd be fascinated
with the idea
of marrying a persona
like mine.

Marriage?
Oh the bondage!
I'll be tied down
I"ll be disallowed
I'll be owned
My answer is no!

I don't even know one
who'd be willing
to enjoy a living
with someone boring
someone who's baring
their soul online.

Marriage?
Oh the bondage!
I'll be tied down
I"ll be disallowed
I'll be owned
My answer is no!

I don't even want to become
a responsible person
when I am already high strung
with my own demons
with my own lessons
the crazy kind.

Marriage?
Oh the bondage!
I'll be tied down
I"ll be disallowed
I'll be owned
My answer is no!

I don't even want
to witness the stunts
that someone will pull
when I become the fool
who married someone cruel
I'm so blind.

Marriage?
Oh the bondage!
I'll be tied down
I"ll be disallowed
I'll be owned
My answer is no!




17 comments:

  1. An eye opener of a poem James. And you have to go in to marriage with eyes wide open to make it out alive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Moonie. hahaha...I was bored so I decided to entertain with this motif by giving it a tinge of humor. who knows? I'm still young...have a great night!

      Delete
  2. To have your poem progress from "no one is interested" to "I'm not interested" is telling. It's possible that neither is true. A very neat read that leaves me wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not based on actuality, so it is open to all sorts of conclusions. thanks for the comment Susan.

      Delete
  3. Make very sure you marry someone kind, kiddo. Kindness is key, and essential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the advice Sherry. :) and also the comment. hehe.

      Delete
  4. When you marry, it is for life...So, one must weigh it carefully. While immature and irresponsible actions can bring out serious pitfalls within the marriage bond.
    Loved this discerning piece. :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Panchali, yup. Marriage is a sacred thing not to be taken lightly. thanks for the positive comment. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. thanks Sumana. that was the sole purpose of the tone used for this poem. It is to entertain and bring about laughter. hehe...appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  6. I think if people were truthful and self aware they may well think the same - it's responsible both to yourself and the other person to know what union is being entered to make the best possible choice for all..an honest and positive poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jae. I like your reaction to this one too. I know there are people out there who wish not to engage in marriage and so may this one be dedicated to them...lol

      Delete
  7. Ah the eternal question that rings in everyone's mind. Powerful write :D

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sanaa! thank you for your kind words. appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  8. This is a great read, James...I always tell people, marriage is not for everyone and it sure is not for me. :-) Even if under the notion of fun, I loved it. Always a pleasure reading your work my friend. Alofa atu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Grady for this comment in support of the angle that this poem takes. have a blessed day my friend.

      Delete