Jamztoma's Blog License

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

ZOMBIE



This was written for Poets United's Midweek Motif: 

Muscle loss
Loss of appetite
Appetite for living
Living sucker
Sucker at moving
Moving nowhere
Nowhere but here
Here in bed
Bed of shadows
Shadows lurking
Lurking in the dark
Dark sockets
Sockets dripping
Dripping blood
Bloodthirsty
Thirsty man
Man dying
Dying zombie
Zombie.


Please note, this is a fictional poem.  I'm sorry that some of you got a little scared 
of its message but I am fine.  This was entirely inspired by the motif itself
and should not be taken as an actual event.  Sorry.  The ash to dust quote was 
included because today is Ash Wednesday.  I'll try to write my poems with humor
next time because this one is too spooky and dark for you.

20 comments:

  1. Nice take on the prompt...like the wordplay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i like the wordplay too, and the way the words trip down the page. Now get out of bed, kiddo, you're scaring me, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry. I knew that was the reaction this one's getting. I'm fine. Just tired. thanks for stopping by and for caring.

      Delete
  3. Hey, James, I agree with Sherry. Get yourself out of bed. Take a walk. Go to a shop. Check out a book from the library! You are not ready to become dust yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary. thanks for the advice. will get out soon. long nights and short days here. didn't mean to get you and Sherry worried about me. I'm okay. :)

      Delete
    2. Really glad you are okay, James! Smiles.

      Delete
    3. yup...thanks for caring Mary. I appreciate it much.

      Delete
  4. haha...it's a good one James, i like the form..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This goes well with Ash Wednesday.
    Well penned James :)


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes the words take us where they must - no need to apologise for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for understanding Jae. new era, new themes. I'm trying to be an eclectic poet. multi-genre. have a great one!

      Delete
  7. One can go to town creating such a poem. It takes a lot of the creative juices supporting it all the way! Innovative take James!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Hank. that feels empowering! :)

      Delete
  8. I agree with Jae Rose. Write what you must. I like this one very much. A Zombie is the perfect ideas as response to the prompt. I like how you played with the ending words. This was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Myrna. hehe...that's the intention, to be as creative as possible.

      Delete
  9. This group sure cares - I like it there are dark edges (but that is life.)
    Hope you are staying warm and off those icy streets. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. A poet's mind often ventures into dark hidden places in his heart, mind and soul. Don;t apologise, James. Just write, write, write and exorcise the demons (or zombies, as the case may be)... Well done!

    ReplyDelete