Jamztoma's Blog License

Saturday, March 5, 2016

BESOTTED (WITH GREEN)

Photo: Besotted

Written for colleague Sanaa Rizvi's
PROMPT NIGHTS 8:
WHEN BESOTTED WITH GREEN
and 
POETS UNITED'S POETRY PANTRY #292

To be besotted with green
is to daydream about Spring
leaves so green,
petals that gleam
and nature all full and serene

For me,
besotted with green means
Ed Sheeran's X
Charlie Puth's 9 Track Mind
and Adele's 21

Two of those CDs' covers
make me want to be smothered
with all that is green:
Ed's green-ness,
Puth's green shirt,
and Adele's green disc bestseller

And when I'm dizzy and weak
I look out for a drink
that Sprite or that Mountain Dew
just gets me all good and new
Green cans
Green lime
Green tastes so good.

Green is also wicked
stands too for envy and illness
Green means those who are greedy
where one is drunk with money

Green are the stereotypical emerald eyes
of fiery Redheads so sublime
Green is associated with religion
the one called Islam

For me,
besotted with green is
to be so into veggies
to fight for animal rights
to support environmental causes
and to conserve for a better life

Green, green, green.


17 comments:

  1. This is such a powerful response to the prompt especially adore the reference to Adele's green disc bestseller!!

    Beautifully penned. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights James :D

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green has both the envy and for money, and what's on the other side of the fence... yet it's also spring and nature...

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...to conserve for a better life....love that meaning of green...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the meaning of your "besotted with green". Perhaps because I believe it, too... and because season after season, my soul keeps on yearning for spring. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many different shades of green in this poem. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put that way i am now going to be looking for all things green and what they mean - and chuckling - and we can't forget Kermit's 'It's not easy being green' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the various shades of green that you have used in your poem. A very enjoyable read :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I love all of your poem about green, especially the environmental awareness. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you covered a good many kinds greens - well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the variety of green! You definitely were inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I see green... well covered :-)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading through your green resonance, I came out truly besotted. I really luv your response to this prompt

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green can emerge through the peaceful hues of peace or the wickedness of envy and jealousy. Like your delving into contrasting situations, James! Great!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah yes, so many shades of green!
    go green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Green is the color of many good things;
    kaeru the frog, also Kermit T. Frog, and well other frogs too... And frogs are very lucky in many cultures!
    I'll let the negatives become brittle brown mold ;)

    Thanks for visiting my wp 'Thirst'
    Jules

    ReplyDelete