Jamztoma's Blog License

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

MY FAITH



This was written for my colleague Sanaa Rizvi's 
Guerison par la foi - Faith/healing

My faith keeps me alive
it's why I see myself in a positive light
My faith keeps me strong
it's why I see myself moving on.

One more day,
one more chance
one more day to start another plan

My faith is my support
I see myself moving forward
My faith is the reason
why I strive to make dreams happen

I have faith
I'll be well again
I have faith in me, a weak, little man

My faith will save me
and this I firmly believe
My faith will hold me up
to the wonders of above

and I pray
I will see you my friend
and I pray we will be together in the end.




9 comments:

  1. Such a beautifully uplifting poem :D especially adore this part:

    My faith will save me
    and this I firmly believe
    My faith will hold me up
    to the wonders of above

    Powerfully expressed. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights :D

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Sanaa. bless your heart. it's what I can come up with at this time. very busy with schoolwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A strong teatament of faith which sustains you. Well expressed.
    Dominus vobiscum !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rall. please tell me what the Latin phrase means in English. I am interested to know its significance. bless your heart.

      Delete
    2. ...and also with you Rall...I got what it means now. thanks.

      Delete
  4. Belief is delicious food for the soul. And when we hold that close to our hearts, we put a lot more effort into doing everything we do... into living, too. Like your poem suggests, in prayer we can carry ourselves (and each other) till the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your thoughts Magaly. yes, that's one of the things faith does for me. I guess for you too. (smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last stanza touched me. I think of a friend lost, but remember how strengthening faith can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderfully encouraging piece, James. I love that first stanza especially.

    ReplyDelete