Jamztoma's Blog License

Friday, March 25, 2016

PASSION


This was written for colleague Sanaa Rizvi's 
such passion music can raise and quell...

My passion is music, mostly Pop and soft rock
It's my refuge whenever I am lost
My roaming place is Spotify
I go there when I need to cry

on my knees
one sweet day
Jesus loves me
He came to save

Today is the day of the passion
Dark and mourning will be my fashion
I'll be listening to classical
to mend my sadness to magical

on my knees
one sweet day
Jesus loves me
He came to save

Amen I say to the Lord
Forgive them for their discord
Forgive me as I too am guilty
My sins they are your enemy.

on my knees
one sweet day
Jesus loves me
He came to save

My passion is music, mostly Gospel and the Blues
They make me celebrate my woes
My roaming place is Spotify
I go there to think and cry

on my knees
one sweet day
Jesus loves me
He came to save

Today is the day of lamentation
Souls will freeze and hearts be broken
I'll be tearful, I'll be sad
while the birds be singing: Jewel's Hands.

my hands are small
they are unworthy
Jesus take the wheel
Please uplift me





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This is such a soulful and passionate poem. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights James :D Wishing you happy Easter weekend ahead.

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Sanaa. Happy Easter weekend to you too. Your prompts are so wonderful. I am always inspired. My muse that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Good Friday poem with music at the center that helps us so much to express our feelings. But now we celebrate the Resurrection!

    ReplyDelete