Jamztoma's Blog License

Friday, April 15, 2016

DAY TO REMEMBER


This was written for fellow poet, Sanaa Rizvi's 
PROMPT NIGHTS 4:


Pour me drops of glorious sunshine
and link your precious hand through mine
Lean in so I could give you a kiss
on a cool, breezy day as this

this is a day to remember
a day to laugh together
with a splash like you
a pineapple and coconut juice

Pour me drops of glorious sunshine
and walk with me under the blue sky
Let me play the ukulele for you
so you can relax and let loose

this is a day to remember
a day to sing together
with a mermaid as you
a woman of beauty and value

Pour me drops of glorious sunshine
because you are one of a kind
Lay your golden head on my knee
as I serenade you with songs so sweet

this is a day to remember
as the day we promise each other
our endless love and pure trust
that will never fade or rust.




6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely chant of eternal love and devotion :D Beautifully penned. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights James.

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah...there are so many sweet & musical days to remember...beautifully penned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure romance with a mermaid is all that wise as they are pretty slippery. I loved the form you created for this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah what a sun filled song James - it is good to savour a glass of sunshine..in whatever form!

    ReplyDelete
  5. captivating and quite romantic..
    very well said :D

    ReplyDelete