Jamztoma's Blog License

Saturday, April 2, 2016

JUST A DWEEB


This was written for Poet Sanaa Rizvi's
PROMPT NIGHTS 10:

Surely you jest you are a superstar
what have you done so far?
are you making lots of money?
no, so where does this come in?
Surely you jest you are a superstar

Surely you jest you are a celebrity
what movies have you starred in?
are you making a contribution to society?
no, so why do you think this is so?
Surely you jest you are a celebrity

Surely you jest you are Langston Hughes
but can you sing and write the Blues?
are you a bestselling author like him?
no, your books aren't even on lists
Surely you jest you are Langston Hughes

Surely you jest you are a pro
like have you the likes of Elvis or Monroe?
like are you even a sex symbol?
laugh out loud, you're just a toilet bowl
Surely you jest you are a pro

Surely you jest you are a Master
wait, do you even have any powers?
wait, do you even have followers?
you're so stupid you're a bore to the core
Surely you jest you are a Master.

Surely you jest you are somebody
when you are basically just a dweeb.
lots of love to everybody
from yours truly.


26 comments:

  1. Surely you jest you are Langston Hughes
    but can you sing and write the Blues?

    Such a breath of fresh air your poem :D Beautifully put. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights James.

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sanaa. your comment made my day. Shine on!

      Delete
  2. A fun poem from a self avowed dweeb, but then, surely you jest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...thanks Debi for stopping by. Dweebs are in the house! lol

      Delete
  3. In heads we can be whatever we want to be - i think that may be the best thing about being a 'dweeb' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jae, thanks for the comment. I will be stopping by your poem this afternoon. Head's been busy with term papers, poems, facebook posts, twitter posts... :)

      Delete
  4. Lol, surely you jest! This made me smile, James. Happy Sunday, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sherry B. good to know. I'll be stopping by later today.

      Delete
  5. This was a delight to read. Such expressive words. Love the speaker's tone, simply sizzling with goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Magaly, thanks for your nice comment. I was going with the prompt itself as I didn't know what to write about but about myself...ridiculing myself, lol. I'll stop by yours later as well.

      Delete
  6. Hey in my book Dweebs are awesome! Love the flow and rhyme in this James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carrie...lol, this was just a offering to a fellow poet's hilarious-themed prompt. It's also a great way for humility. But yes, no hard feelings to all the Dweebs in the world. haha.

      Delete
  7. Very adorkable! You put a whimsical touch on self-depreciation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rommy. I like that, "whimsical," makes me think of Tim Burton. A person I revere for movies like Beetlejuice and Alice in Wonderland. Have a great Sunday to you my friend.

      Delete
  8. Oh James this is powerful and these words are fabulous...surely you jest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Donna. I like that, "fabulous." Hehe...I'll get to your poem after I'm done with my assignments. great Sunday to you my friend.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. lol thanks Rosemary. You made me laugh out loud. Have a blessed evening.

      Delete
  10. Surely you jest! This had me smiling throughout the poem. Snappy flow of words with a tight rhythm..

    ReplyDelete
  11. One would want to be rich and famous but only a rare few would get the privilege. Very true James! Jesting all the way, chuckles!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dweebs can be the coolest, don't you know? Ha... I enjoyed this a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you said it all hahaha
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonder how this riddle turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all these questions and comparisons... nice tone at your poem, repetitions are very effective! I can hear that voice... loundly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's full of sarcasm, but you are just you without labels and judging.

    ReplyDelete