Jamztoma's Blog License

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Book Review #1: NOTHING IS PREDICTABLE by ADALINA MAE


Title: NOTHING IS PREDICTABLE
Author: ADALINA MAE
Publisher: ADALINA MAE
Subject: Romance
Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and ITUNES.

Funny, Feisty, and Familiar Lead Character

            I was offered this book by its author to review and so I am going to give it my best shot.  The story introduces us to Zara, a Lebanese-American who endured her father’s disturbing drunken behavior as well as being molested by a creep when she was a child back in Lebanon (she was born in the states but her parents moved back to Lebanon to holiday there but that holiday soon became nine years).  The book is told from the point of view of Zara and therefore we get to peek into her life due to this.  Zara is funny.  She has an uncontrollable sense of humor and it’s sad considering what she went through in her life.  The book begins with her in the present, an experienced, weary, and had-it-with-the-world woman who takes us through the time when she was a celebrated teenage Lebanese singer to the bride who couldn’t wait to get married, to the successful business-owner, to the emotional soul who travels back to Lebanon to make peace. 

            Zara is a Christian woman and the men she marries or encounters are Muslim and dashing.  She foolishly rejects true love, falls for a womanizing much older man, befriends an ambitious younger man who benefits from her instead of her from him, and gets crushed by a lying bastard who only wants her for her successes.  Why did I put familiar in the title of my review here?  It’s because I know women personally who went through the same thing with men like Zara did in the book.  I think all kinds of career-minded women, those who are just starting out at 18 to those as old as fifty, would enjoy and benefit from this book.

            My thoughts on this book is that it’s for women.  It’s a book for Danielle Steel veterans as it does not only focus on romance but on life events.  It’s also a book for ethnic women looking for a story to relate to.  I, myself, a man, took this book on as I was called upon by Ms. Mae to review it.  I think the only thing lacking in this book is some sensuality.  The story is told excellently, like wow.  But since it’s a book for women, I personally think it should have some sensuality to it.  I have spoken with the author and she told me that there will be a sequel coming out in 2017.    All in all, kudos to Adalina Mae and wish nothing but the best for her and her writing endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment