Jamztoma's Blog License

Sunday, March 5, 2017

EARLY 2017 HIGH

Image may contain: outdoor


This poem was written just now to describe my current state after completing my studies at Southern New Hampshire University online.  It was also written for Poets United's Poetry Pantry #342.  Thank you God for giving me mental energy and strength and endurance to complete that effort.  Here's to 2017 and the blessings as well as the tears that await me.  Please leave a positive (or negative) comment below after you're done reading this effort wishing me good luck, critiquing my work, and/or just to say hello.  Peace and goodwill.


My sorrow's passed for now it's the past
To the future I venture
My life's alive I thought you'd never ask
Gone are the wrongs and errors

It's here I stand in the light
I'm here to love and not to fight
Sincere I'm looking for some nice
Cheers to us and cheers to the night

And I live
Live for love
And I give
Give to God
And I breathe
Inside, outside
And I seek
A life of highs

I'm not suffering from studying
Those nights were nights ago
I'm writing, writing, writing
Poetry from my soul

My darkness is at rest
At home I begin my path
My hopefulness makes me feel pleasant
At home I am so confident

And I live
Live for love
And I give
Give to God
And I breathe
Inside, outside
And I seek
to do what's right

My sorrow's passed for now it's the past



5 comments:

  1. Am happy sorrow is in the past and also happy to see you writing, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a positive tone! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like your life is on a positive track! So good to see you writing poetry & sharing here again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The positivity is nice. The reading experience was difficult for me, with the line-by-line black background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear of a swap for
    Joy

    Thank you for dropping in at my Sunday Standard this week

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete